To empower the Electronics and Communication Engineering students with technological excellence, professional commitment and social responsibility
- Attaining academic excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering through dedication to duty, innovation in learning and research, state of art laboratories and industry driven skill development.
- Establishing suitable environment for the students to develop professionalism and face life challenges with ethical integrity
- Nurturing the students to understand the societal needs and equip them with technical expertise to provide appropriate solutions.
- Providing breeding ground to obtain entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities for self and societal growth
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be capable of developing specification and design procedures, prototyping and test methodologies for modern electronics and communication systems and gadgets that perform analog and digital processing functions.
- Graduates will be able to work and adapt to changes in allied areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering through personal success and life long learning
- Graduates will be able to identify technological requirements for the society and provide cost effective solutions
– These objectives will be evidenced by professional visibility (publications, presentations, inventions, patents and awards), entrepreneurial activities, international activities (participation in international conferences, collaborative research and employment abroad)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and Electronics and Communication Engineering specialization to solve complex engineering problems in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of Solutions: Design solutions for Complex Engineering Problems and design electronics and communication system components in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems for a given specification with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions for the complex engineering problems in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems
- Modern Tool usage: Model and simulate complex engineering activities in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems using IT tools with an understanding of the limitations
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, and safety issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Engineering practice in RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions for RF, Signal Processing, Image Processing, VLSI, wireless communication networks and embedded systems in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Work as a member or leader of a project team to find successful cost effective design solutions to the complex engineering problems related to Electronics and communication Engineering systems and allied areas.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Year in which the Department was started : 1978