Student Information :
The College has well qualified and highly motivated faculty and supporting staff apart from administrative staff. It has exceptionally good laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. The laboratories and the library are kept open beyond the regular class hours.
NBA Grades :
All programs have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, AICTE, New Delhi
ISO Certification :
ISO 9001:2000 Certification has been Obtained.
Cocurriculur & Extra curriculur Activities :
The College provides avenues for developing technical skill, updating knowledge on state-of-the-art subjects, personality development and service to the society through many professional societies and associations, each of which is facilitated by a faculty adviser who guides the students
* Students Association
* Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (IEEE) - Student Branch
* Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
* ISTE Student Chapter
* National Cadet Corps (NCC) - Army
* National Service Scheme (NSS)
* Rotaract Club
* Cultural Association
Conducting seminars, workshops, special lectures, educational and industrial visits, paper presentation contests, design contests, symposiums, technical quizzes, etc., are some of the activities of these associations.
Faculty Advisers :
One faculty member advises 20 students, and he/she keeps track of the students' academic performance and attendance; sorts out any problem; sends periodic reports to parents and apprises the Principal and the Head of the Department about the progress of the students.
Student Counselors :
Students are free to approach the Student Counsellor to talk without inhibition about academic, administrative, career and personal matters.
Class Committee :
Every class shall have a class committee consisting of teachers of the concerned class, student representives and a chairperson who is not teaching the class. It is like the 'Quality Circle' (more commonly used in Industries) with the overall goal of improving the teaching - learning process. The functions of the class committee include
* Solving Problems experienced by students in the class room and in the laboratories.
* Clarifying the regulations of the degree programme and the details of rules therin.
* Informing the student representatives the academic schedule including the dates of assessments and the syllabus coverage for each assessment.
* Informing the Student representatives the details of Regulations regarding weightage used for each assessment. In the case of practical courses (laboratory /drawing / project work / seminar etc.) the breakup of marks for each experiment / exercise / module of work, should be clearly discussed in the class committee meeting and informed to the students.
* Analyzing the performance of the students of the class after each test finding the ways and means of solving problems, if any.
* Identifying the weak students, if any, and requesting the teachers concerned to provide some additional help or guidance or coaching to such weak students.
Continuous Evaluation of Students :
The students' performance is continuously evaluated by conducting tests, giving assignments and monitoring their cocurricular and extracurricular activities.
Cash awards are given to the first rank students every semester.
Students whose performance is not satisfactory are counselled by the HOD and the Principal. The parents of such students are also personally informed.
As TCE stipulates a minimum of 75% attendence in a semester to sit for university examinations, monthly attendence reports are displayed. Parents of irregular students are alerted as and when required.
Placement and Training :
The College imparts training to prepare students not merely for graduation but also for their ready absorption into the industry.
Training covers assistance for in-plant training and guidance for post graduate studies like M.S., M.Tech. and M.B.A. Entrepreneurship development programs are also conducted periodically.