Department of Architecture was established in 1995, and offers B.Arch degree programme. It is an autonomous department affiliated to the Anna University and approved by the AICTE.
The Department operates with a vision to ‘Impart excellence in architectural education and to nurture socially responsible professionals.’ Driven by this vision, the Department is enthusiastic to incorporate state of the art technology and is committed to the holistic development of the architecture graduate. The Department inculcates a pragmatic yet creative teaching learning process to help the graduates become successful, socially responsible, technology savvy and well informed designers and architects.
The Department advocates the profession’s involvement in socio-cultural, environmental and energy-related issues in architecture, and aids the Graduates to nurture such a vision. The Department strives for excellence in architectural training and practice, nationally and internationally, through effective industry-institute collaboration and by engaging in research and scholarly activities.
- Impart excellence in architectural education and nurture socially responsible professionals.
- Evolve and inculcate experiential and effective teaching learning process.
- Strive for excellence in architectural training and practice through effective industry-institute collaboration.
- Lead and coordinate the profession’s involvement in socio-cultural, environmental and energy-related issues in architecture.
- Engage in research and scholarly activities that achieve national and international recognition.
- Achieving this through team effort making the department a centre of excellence.