- Department established in the year 1957.
- Recipient of AICTE-CII best Industry Linked Institute Award – 2014
- DST - FIST supported Department.
- Accredited and Re-accredited for UG and PG programme(s).
- Implemented Outcome Based Education for delivering UG & PG programmes from 2014-15 Academic year.
- Signed MoU with TVS for TCE-TVSM CEP (Collaborated Education Program).
- Collaboration with industries and research organizations such as TVS Motors Limited, General Electric, Honeywell, CPRI,CDAC for curriculum improvement.
- 125 Research Scholars PhD so far
- 83 scholars are currently pursuing PhD degree.
- Research metric as on January 2018
Transforming the individuals into globally competent electrical engineers to fulfill the technological needs of the society.
- Establishing world class infrastructure in Electrical Engineering.
- Enhancing the knowledge of the faculty in cutting edge technologies through continuous improvement programmes.
- Providing well balanced curriculum in graduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
- Adopting innovative content delivery, assessment and continuous improvement methods to achieve desired outcomes.
- Facilitating industry institution interaction in teaching & learning, consultancy and research activities to accomplish the technological needs of the society.
- Encouraging the faculty and students to carry out innovative research work.
- Practicing ethical standards by the faculty and students.
- Motivating the students for active participation in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Year in which in Department was started : 1957