B.Tech. Information Technology
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates of the programme will be able to provide IT solutions to address the business and societal needs.
- Graduates of the programme will contribute significantly in the technological developments of Information Technology through corporate and academic research practices.
- Graduates of the programme will hone their professional expertise in quest for improved career opportunities through sustained learning.
- Graduates of the programme will be able to lead a team of diversified professionals with good communication skills, leadership virtues and professional ethics.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and core Information Technology Skills to the solutions of complex engineering problems in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies and Software Design and Development.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies and Software Design and Development reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design software solutions for complex engineering problems in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies for a given specification with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, security, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigation of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods in the design and conduct of experiments, organization, analysis and interpretation of data to identify patterns, produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations for complex problems in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies and Software Design and Development.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies and Software Design and Development with an understanding of its limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice in Data Engineering, Distributed Systems, Information Security and Management, Mobile Technologies and Software Design and Development.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice in managing information technology resources and in providing IT solutions and services.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings to deliver reports, programs, projects, presentations and other deliverables related to information technology requirements of an organization.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a multidisciplinary team, to manage projects in Information Technology and related fields.
- Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes.
M.E. Computer Science and Information Security
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates of the programme will be able to contribute effectively to serve the society through information security enabled solutions and products adhering to professional ethics and cyber laws.
- Graduates of the programme will articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of information security, and research findings to train professionals or to educate engineering students.
- Graduates of the programme will pursue academic research in Information Security and contribute significantly in the field of Computer science.
- Graduates of the programme will engage in lifelong learning to adapt to changing technological needs for career advancement.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Scholarship of Knowledge Acquire in-depth knowledge of Computer Science and Information security, including wider and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge in Data Analytics, Cloud computing and Networks.
- Critical Thinking Analyze complex engineering problems in the field of information security; apply independent judgment for synthesizing information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in Data Analytics, Cloud computing and Networks in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving Think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve security related problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems using Cyber forensics, Cryptography and Software engineering principles and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in Information Technology.
- Research Skill Extract information pertinent to Information security issues through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in Data Analytics, Cloud computing, Networks.
- Usage of modern tools Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern IT tools, like wireshark, Network simulators, Netmon, Eucalyptus, Cloudsim and Hadoop for prediction , modeling and to provide solutions to complex Information security problems with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognize opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, demonstrate a capacity for self-management and teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- Project Management and Finance Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of IT Governance, IT Systems Audit, Control principles, and apply the same to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication Communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex Cyber and Systems security problems confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.