5S is a workplace organization technique composed of five primary phases:
- Sort: Keeps only necessary items in the workplace
- Set in order: Arrange items to promote efficient workflow.
- Shine: Clean the work area so it is neat and dry.
- Standardize: Set standards for a consistently organized workplace.
- Systematize: Maintain and review standards
In tune with Swachh Bharath (Clean India) campaign of our Honorable Prime Minister, TCE has embarked into 5S work place Management activities. In connection with this, awareness meeting on 5S work place Management for students, teaching and non teaching faculty members was conducted. 5 student volunteers from each class were asked to attend the meeting. One 5S coordinator from each department was selected to initiate the work in the respective departments.
The following sequence of work was carried out in the 5s implementation process
Framing Vision, Policy and Pledge for 5S
Clean, safe and organized working environment for quality technical education
We will maintain clean and safe working environment by practicing the guide lines of 5S namely sorting, arranging, cleaning, standardizing and sustaining
I will maintain my work place in an organized manner by
- Disposing the unwanted materials periodically
- Placing required materials in their place
- Keeping my workplace neat and clean
- Following the standards
- Sustaining the work culture
- To improve scrap Management
- To create more working space
- To locate the required items
- To improve retrieval time
- To improve storage system
- To improve morale of the employees
- To create clean and pleasant work place
Creating Awareness among students through Mass cleaning performed in the campus
Creating Awareness among teaching and Non teaching faculty Members
First Chapter convention on Quality concepts – Hosur chapter.
ECE, Mechanical, College office, College Library, Ladies Hostel participated in the convention and presented case studies on 5S in their respective areas. Out of which ECE got gold medal and the others got silver medal.
Chapter convention on Quality concepts – Madurai chapter
ECE department participated in the convention and presented case studies on 5S. Out of which ECE got gold medal and the others got silver medal.
|Chapter convention on Quality concepts – Coimbatore chapter
|Cultural club of our college presented Mimi based cultural on 5S in 4th National Convention on 5S held at Mumbai
|A case study on 5S was presented in 4th National Convention on 5S held at Mumbai and won par excellent award.