TCE National Service Scheme aims at developing students through activities related to social service. The students are trained to extend support to people in rural areas through special camps organized in remote villages
The special camps involve ‘adopting’ a village and implementing changes that will help the village and the people progress in terms of healthcare and technology. Students conduct awareness programs, medical camps and other activities relevant to the needs of the people. Education support for children, planting trees, reading workshops, basic computer training, entrepreneurship training for women, awareness and training programs on natural resources and their usage, anti-liquor and anti-tobacco campaigns are some examples of activities done by NSS students of TCE.
Additionally, the children in the villages are also exposed to engineering through demos of flights and robots.
Other regular activities conducted are
- Awareness programs - Local and global disaster management, cancer and stem cell donation, environment protection, natural food habits and healthy living, mental health, road safety, infectious diseases, women’s health
- Blood donation camps twice a year
- Field work in college and adopted villages
- Rallies - Women’s day, Youth Awareness
- Leadership programs, personality development programs
- Visits to old age homes and orphanages