Formation of Cell:
For gender equality and gender justice in all its intervention and practices a WDC is established in TCE as per Govt. guidelines The Cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about Woman Grievances at the college. According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as: Physical contact and advances Demand or request for sexual favors Sexually Colored remarks Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature The functions of the cell are to purely safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances. To facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. WDC processes oral and written complaints. Time to time the cell conducts seminars and lectures by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To resolve issues through Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
- Students report their grievance to the Tutor / HoD /WDC.
- A member who feels that he or she has been harassed an also approach the WDC of our College.
- Students can also register their complaints in the online grievance redressal portal created in our college website as per the direction of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure action, including reprimands, suspension or termination of membership.
Complaint and Redressal mechanism:
- After knowing grievance of students, class Mentor discusses it with the HOD and then an appropriate solution is found out.
- If not solved at this level then the grievance is taken up to the Principal and ICC through WDC. The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary).
- After hearing of complaints, the ICC shall take appropriate decision.
- Outcome will be informed to the complainant and to the administration / management.